Upgrade requirements vary by discipline. Click here to get the current USA Cycling rulebook (pdf)  - Upgrade Requirements (section 1D) starts at page 20, and upgrade information for specific disciplines can be found on the pages below:
- Road - page 21
- Track - page 25
- Cyclocross - page 27
- Mountain - page 28
When you are ready to upgrade, go to the USA Cycling website and select the License Info tab under your account using the link below (you will need to register on the site first).
If the pages and documents linked to on this page do not fully answer your questions, please send us a message using this form  (under "Category" select "Upgrade Questions") or via email: email@example.com . ---- NOTE: This contact address is for questions only. For information on upgrade requirements and regulations, click here to get the current USA Cycling rulebook (pdf)  - the Upgrade Requirements (section 1D) starts at page 20. Please read the documents first!
Additional Useful Upgrade Information:
- Prior to submitting an upgrade, please first fill out the Upgrade Worksheet to see if you are eligible (link to download worksheet is below)
- Please remember when racing in Masters Categories (35+ 4/5, 35+ 1/2/3, 45+ 4/5, 45+ 1/2/3, etc.) upgrades must only include the same or higher categories towards the “Field Size” (lower categories will not count towards the “Field Size”).
- All categories are combined in Masters Races unless specifically specified by the race promoter on their race flyer.
- Junior Racers: If you are using Junior’s Races towards upgrades you must only include the same or higher categories towards the “Field Size”
- CAT 5 - CAT4: Experience in 10 mass start races ("DNF", TT's, MTB, CX, and most Hill Climbs do not count as a mass start race). Local Associations may also establish policies where upgrade credit is given for taking a sanctioned rider education clinic
- CAT 4 - CAT3: 20 points, or experience in 25 races with a minimum of 10 top ten finishes with fields over 30. 30 points in 12 months is an automatic upgrade
- CAT3 - CAT2: 30 points. 40 points in 12 months is an automatic upgrade
- CAT 2 - CAT1: 35 points. 50 points in 12 months is an automatic upgrade