2014 Junior Points Series
For the fourteenth year, the NCNCA is promoting a junior point series for boys and girls, ages 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15-18 cat 1/2/3 and 15-18 cat 4/5. The awards are handed out at the end of the year as part of the NCNCA awards banquet in the fall. Prizes in the past have included trophies, gift cards, swag and cash.
For the 9/10 and 11/12 the best 6/6 will count. 13-14 age groups, the best 7 out of 8 races will count towards the final tally. For the 15-18 cat 1/2/3 and 15-18 cat 4/5 age groups the best 9 out of 10 will count. Please take careful note of the calendar as several races/dates have been changed from previous years.
Scoring system and reminders:
- Riders will be eligible for awards in their own age group.
- Riders must have an annual license to earn JPS points.
- To be eligible for final prizes and awards, 9/10, 11/12 must complete 4 or more races, 13/14 must complete 5 or more races and 15/18 both cats must complete 5 or more races.
- Riders are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the point series races. With over 200 licensed junior racers in the NCNCA, several of the combined are expected to be full.
- The results posted by the officials at each race are considered final. Riders are encouraged to check preliminary results at each race within the allotted timeframe and reconcile any disputes with the officials before they become finalized. For races that only have one category, the NCNCA point’s person will separate out the age groups after the results are final. If you do have an issue after a race, please contact email@example.com 
- For 15-18 cat 1/2/3 and 15-18 cat 4/5, points will be awarded as follows: 1st-20, 2nd-17, 3rd-15, 4th-13, 5th-11, 6th-9, 7th-7, 8th-5, 9th-3, 10th-2, 1 point for all other starters. Riders must race a minimum of four series races to qualify for awards in the final standings.
- Junior girls must be entered in the junior’s categories in order to earn points.
- For girls 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15/16, 17-18 and boys 9/10, 11/12 and 13/14, points will be awarded as follows: 1st-10, 2nd-8, 3rd-6, 4th-4, 5th-2, 1 point for all other starters. Riders must race a minimum of four races to qualify for awards in the final standings.
- Any tied rankings in the final standings will be broken by total # of wins in the five (for 10-12) or six (for 13-14 ) or seven (for 15-18s) qualifying races each rider uses for the final series points. If still tied, then the most number of 2nd places would break the tie, then if still tied most number of third places, etc. If all placings are exactly the same among tied riders then the tie will be broken by the results in the series' final race.