Bay Area Women's Cycling is pleased to announce the schedule for the 2010 Northern California Women's Racing Series sponsored by NCNCA. This year we are pleased to present three Series, for Women Master's 35+ category 1/2/3, Women Category 3 and Women Category 4 racers. All three Series strive to provide more opportunities for women to race against their peers and to provide additional prizes for participants.
As in previous years, each Series includes both an individual competition and a team competition, and prizes are awarded to the leaders of all competitions at the midpoint of the series (we will have a midpoint award ceremony at the Memorial Day Criterium) and at our annual after the final race (awards ceremony date and location TBD). Last year several local teams stepped up to sponsor special cash "BAWC primes" at participating races and we hope for more of the same in 2010. Without further ado...
The Category 3 and Category 4 Series races are:
- Altamont TTT (April 3 - counts toward team competition only)
- Hippstar Menlo Park Criterium (April 11)
- Kern Stage Race - GC (May 14-16)
- Panoche Valley Road Race (May 23)
- Memorial Day Criterium (May 31 - race also part of 2010 Nature Valley Pro Ride competition)
- Dash for Cash Criterium (June 5)
- Butterfly Criterium (June 6)
- Ohana Sport Twilight Criterium (July 9)
- Giro di San Francisco (September 6)
The Master's 35+ Category 1/2/3 Series races are:
- Topsport Stage Race (March 27-28)
- Wente Road Race (April 24)
- Berkeley Hills Road Race (May 9)
- Calaveras Road 10-Mile ITT (May 22 - counts toward individual competition only)
- Mt. Hamilton Road Race (May 30 - race also part of 2010 Nature Valley Pro Ride competition)
- Cytomax Benicia Criterium (June 13)
- Dunnigan Hills Road Race (August 14)
- 2-Wheel Racing Criterium (August 21)
You may have noticed that we have a particularly large number of races this year -- big thanks to the participating races and promoters! For more information on BAWC or the Series (including results from past years and information on how points are awarded), please see http://www.bawcycling.com . If your team would like to sponsor a BAWC prime, please feel free to shoot us an email at email@example.com . For those of you who are on Facebook (the number seems to grow daily...), we have a public group where we will post updates and information, please join us if you're interested -- http://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=lf#/group.php?gid=43347677710 .
Ladies, please support those races that are supporting us by pre-registering for these races! Preregistration is a great way to encourage promoters to include the race categories that you want. Also, we encourage cat 3s and cat 4s to attend the races included in the 35+ 1/2/3 Series and vice-versa. Show your appreciation and show up!
Please share this email with Category 3, Category 4 and Master's women -- the more the merrier. Thanks for your support, we'll see you at the races!
Women's Series Program Manager