NCNCA Junior Cycling Development Grants
Attention Junior Cyclists:
The NCNCA currently has grants to offset travel costs for juniors participating in the following USAC junior events:
- USAC Track Nationals June 25-29
- USAC Road Nationals July 2-6th, and
- USAC Development Camp at UC Davis July 13-18
This is the next step in our longstanding commitment to junior development. You must already pay and attend the event in order to receive the grant should you be selected.
To apply for one of these travel grants, please submit handwritten answers to the following questions, either individually or within one long essay. Please answer the questions completely, thoroughly explaining why you hold the opinions that you do, and how they would impact junior level cycling within the NCNCA. The deadline for applications is July 1, 2014, postmarked to:
920 Cranston Drive
Woodland Ca 95776
- What are the positive and the negative aspects of junior racing in the NCNCA, and why are they positive or negative? What would you like to see more of, what would you do differently, and why?
- If you were selected for a junior advisory board with USAC and you had to let them know one thing that you would change about junior racing, what would it be?
- Explain how you give back to help grow the future of cycling.
- Explain how cycling gives back to you in your everyday life.
Grantees will be notified by August 1, 2014, and will be expected to write up reflections on their experience at the event that they attended.